Interesting links for 21 Jun 2010 - 13 Jul 2010:
- In California, license plates might go electronic - San Jose Mercury News - Adverts today, full TV programs tomorrow. And just think of the fun hackers could have with these things.
- World record for SA football fan - Now that's called dedication.
- W00t! sends Associated Press a bill for quoting its blog - Boing Boing - I love it when these press companies who are so keen on making money off everyone and anyone find themselves at the butt-end of their own "measures".
- Caster Semenya may return to track this month after IAAF clearance - This is great news for Caster Semenya. Pity someone leaked the story in the first place. Being subject to gender verification is a highly personal and potentially devastating experience that only the immediately involved should know about. But in this ever invasive news world we live in, cash speaks volumes.
- Bottled water ban considered at events on San Francisco property - I think San Francisco may be onto something here. SF today, the world tomorrow.