Interesting links for 11 Apr 09 - 22 Apr 09:
- The painful truth about trainers: Are expensive running shoes a waste of money? | Mail Online - Great article challenging the need for running in shoes. A lot of the info in this article supports my theory that running barefoot has got to be the best way to prevent injuries and is why I'm slowly moving away from running in shoes and moving to Vibram Five Fingers and ultimately completely barefoot.
- British spy agency searches for real-life 'Q' - I can just imagine the conversation with Claire now: "Honey, I've got the job of a lifetime. A true geek job. It's everything I could want in a job. I'm the new 'Q' for MI5. Ooops. Ignore that. Look into my eyes. Into my eyes. Not around my eyes. Into my eyes... Oh bugger this old fashioned method... Look honey... [bzzzzt]"
- John Waters on the Origins of Teabagging - "teabagging" is all over the news in the US, but the reporters seem to be oblivious of the more common meaning of this word and its origin. Well not anymore, thanks to Boing Boing
- United Airlines could require obese passengers to buy a second ticket - Los Angeles Times - Great idea, but will they actually go through with it?
- YouTube - K.I.G. - Head, Shoulders, Kneez Toez - A rendition of a children's song I'm sure you've probably not heard before, are probably going to hear some more, and probably wish you'll never hear it again.