This is a bit of a big one today as my automatic plugin stopped working a while ago and I only noticed yesterday :-) Everything should be back to normal after this links post.
Interesting links for 24 Sep 2009 - 28 Oct 2009:
- Using Waste To Recover Waste Uranium - Now this is a pretty amazing discovery. Who knows, soon we'll be able to "reuse" the uranium from power plants over and over again until all traces of uranium have gone which could mean no more radioactive waste (hypothetically).
- Mojito shoe by Julian Hakes - I bet you've never seen a pair of high heels like this.
- Here come the airport rectal exams! - Boing Boing - Nooooooo!!!!!!!
- Britain seeks ban on glass pint-glasses to prevent bar-brawl injuries - Oh come on. How bloody stupid. Next they'll be requiring forks be replaced with shovels (like little kids use when learning to use cutlery) because forks are dangerous too.
- The criticism that Ralph Lauren doesn't want you to see! - Unbelievable. First they try and fool you with their images and then they try and sue you for catching them out. You've gotta love America.
- Berners-Lee 'sorry' for slashes - And so he should be ;-) . I'm not to fussed really. It's just one of those idiosyncrasies techies come up with when inventing stuff.
- Finland makes 1Mb broadband access a legal right - Now that's a legal right I want, though maybe just a little bit fast - 8x at least ;-)
- The Official Simon's Cat Website - Cool. If you're a cat owner, you want to see the Simon's Cat vids on YouTube - you'll be able to relate instantly. Now he's got an official website and shop.
- YouTube - Schalk Burger big hit on du Preez - This is why Chuck Norris wears Schalk Burger underpants - this is one thumping tackle from Burger and illustrates why he's continually picked for the Boks, even if he does suffer from "wandering finger syndrome".
- Geeky maternity t-shirts - I think I need to get shopping for some mummy-wear for Claire.
- Historian slams 'absolutely crazy' UK time zone • The Register - I agree 100%. I'm not a fan of the clocks going back in winter. I prefer my afternoons and evenings to be light in winter, not dark by 4pm.
- Do Chimpanzees mourn? - This stunning picture from National Geographic may answer this question. Fooo