For some reason Falbum 0.5.3 was quite buggy, so I didn't actually update, I just updated my 0.5.2 installation to use the libcurl change I submitted and left it as is.

Over the past few weeks I've been furiously hacking the 0.5.3 code to try and fix the problems people are encountering and add some enhancements etc. Well, tonight I finally got to a point where I was happy to feed back my changes. I've summarised my changes here. I haven't moved these changes to my main site gallery just yet (but will do soon), but you can check out the final product on my test page.

I also made a suggestion (details on the page above) about the way Falbum is distributed - too many people are expecting it to simply work with their themes without any effort from them. Like any plugin that affects the design and layout of a page, this is an unrealistic expectation, and as such I have suggested this be changed.

We'll have to wait and see if my changes and suggestions get implemented.