This morning I woke up a little earlier than expected and plonked by butt before the computer. I was reading through my list of most commonly read blogs, when I discovered that Michael over at BinaryBonsai had released the first beta of his new theme, K2, into the wild. So I thought, hell, why not. I already use a very much adapted version of his Kubrick theme.
So, this morning I updated Wordpress to 1.5.2 and installed his theme. Only one issue encountered - the installation documentation doesn't detail placing k2options.php into the plugins directory. I discovered this after getting this nice error message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function k2info() in /var/www/colinseymour.co.uk/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/k2beta1/header.php on line 33
Once I'd sorted this out, everything fell into place. Well, almost - I've hacked up things so much, most things fell into place, so I won't be using it as my default theme until I sort out my hackings.
[Update: The problem I encountered isn't a documentation issue, it's a coding issue. The theme expects to be installed in a directory called "k2". I installed it in a directory called "k2beta1". Changing the directory name, clears the error message I got and displays things all hunky dory. I've "bugged" this for Michael on the discussion forum.]